Wednesday, January 16, 2008

It Takes a Heap of Livin' to Make a House a Home

Angie sent me a link for a photo gallery on their house. As I browsed through the pictures the memories of 14 years flooded back to me. We did a 'heap o' livin' in that house and most of the feelings I had today were ones of joy: a kitchen filled with happy, noisy family; a family room overflowing with friends; bedrooms (usually impassable) containing the people who are my dearest treasures on earth; a front door that opened often to reveal the loving faces of ward members; etc. etc. etc. I know that we shed a bucket of tears there also and that's as it should be. I think tears and smiles are the stuff of which hearts are made. Sandy and West Jordan were where my heart was born, broken, and re-born over and over again, and I can't thank you all enough for the experience.

3 comments:

Camari said...

That house brings back a lot of memories for me too. That house and the ward, even the neighborhood bring back fond memories. In fact, most of my fondest memories come from living in that house. And you're absolutely right, it does take a lot of living and experiencing life's little obstacles to make a house truly a home.

Emily said...

One of the things that stand out to me about that house is the bedrooms were always so clean. Well at least mine was. And I loved helping dad organize all the stuff in the shed one week, and then reorganize it into the garage the next. Great Saturday memories!!

--Dave--

Tylershark said...

That is the house where I first met the Cook family.