Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Cat is Out Of the Bag!


I am officially an Associate Graduate! I got word this morning that I passed my math final and that completed all my requirements for my associates degree. I am a little over halfway to my goal. Hooray!

My math was a living analogy of life. We come to things that appear insurmountable; cry a little and pray a lot, and before we know it are somewhat saddened to have the experience over. If I accomplished nothing more in education I would be content with the lessons I have learned from taking math. And the truly ironic thing is that as of right now I have much more measurable talent in math than in art! There have already been tears shed and prayers said over my artistic efforts, and right now I'm not sure if I will ever have an artists vision and temperament. But, I cling to the memory that I wasn't sure I would ever understand a quadratic equation either. Perhaps math came first for a reason.

3 comments:

Camari said...

See something that you didn't know you were good at came easy...after all the suffering, pain and misery, of course. Just think, if you got through math, you can do just about anything!!

Gina and Jon said...

I love it and am so proud! I have to agree with Cami, if you can get through math you can get through anything!

cobeyfamily said...

Suffering, pain, and misery? :(
I won't take that personally. Does anyone have a tissue? I love how she says she 'passed' the math final. She didn't just pass, she killed it! Way to go Debbie - you deserve it and I am so proud too!