Monday, June 23, 2008

And The Winner Is . . . .


Amber!!!! That was pretty impressive text, didn't you think? I was intimidated when I read it. Amber was the first to get it right - it was nothing but nonsense. But, that is not the silliest part of the story. The editors of a major scientific journal, Social Text, took the paper seriously and published it. At once, the author, a reputable physicist from New York University, revealed it for the hoax that it is. So, remember the old saying - don't believe everything that you read. And congratulations to Amber - it is sad to say but we certainly get well acquainted with obscure unadulterated gobbledy-gook when going to school; and sometimes we are the ones spewing it out.

2 comments:

Amber said...

What can I say... gobbledy-gook is my specialty;) Keep 'em coming!
(Thx for the b-day card Mom!)

cobeyfamily said...

I must have been sleeping during my gobbledy-gook class because that was all waaaaay over my head! Give me some numbers and variables and I'm on fire! I will miss our tutoring sessions Debbie!