Sunday, September 16, 2007



The Nelson family recently gave me a gift certificate to Bear Mill - St. George's version of Build a Bear. We went there for Chelsea's birthday and had a great time. I had recently visited the Golden Compass site and found that my daemon is a fox, so naturally, that is what we built. Kristen named her Roxy the Foxy Coed and we put a little letterman's jacket on her. I bought the DSC pin and Dixie College socks at the bookstore and she now adorns my bookcase sitting next to her hiking bear counterpart. I haven't received the words of wisdom that a daemon is supposed to supply but she brings me a lot of joy. She reminds me of the fun part of this school experience, and as my stomach has a tendency to knot up Sunday nights in anticipation of the looming school week, I need that.

3 comments:

Gina and Jon said...

I love it, Roxy the Foxy Coed is a great name I think! I'm glad that it brings you inspiration for school, I'm sure you do so amazing with all your schooling! Hope this week is a good one for you.

Camari said...

Roxy the Foxy Coed is adorable! How interesting we as humans do such things to keep us sane. Such as my $100 necklace purchase just so I could get through my first summer here in Florida. Next you'll be getting Brad the Foxy Grad...or something along those lines.

Kristen said...

We love Roxy! She is looks darling in those pictures, the pin and the socks perfect the outfit. I am glad she brings you joy and peace. It's just a little piece of what you bring to us. Thanks for living close!