Sunday, September 30, 2007

Reflections on my Math Test


How did my test go, you ask? Well, suffice it to say that I now have something in common with Edison. Unfortunately it is not in the intelligence department. Edison said that he never had a failure, just a multitude of opportunities to find a way it doesn't work. Well, I had the same success on my last math exam. Nearly half the answers were new revelations on how numbers shouldn't be combined. To put it simply - my light went out. How can I be so philosophical about the first test in my life that I have actually failed? Well, this is only the first test that was graded by a fellow human being that I have ever failed. I think there have been many instances where my heavenly professors are shaking their heads and wondering aloud -"do you think she will ever really get it?" Hopefully the Lord allows a lot of extra credit. Hmmm....do you think that is where the Atonement fits in?

2 comments:

Tylershark said...

I don't think there is math in heaven. Just lunch recess.

Camari said...

I'm sorry to hear about your math test. I know you studied extra hard, although you didn't really understand what it was you were studying. Sometimes you just need to stand aside and realize that it is ONLY a math test. I still think you have what it takes to graduate from college!