Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Alaska - Installment Four

 

 

 

 

Sunday we stopped in Skagway, our favorite, but unfortunately I didn't get any pictures and must again refer you to the infamous Jonina blog (by the way, Gina NEVER gets on my nerves). Monday we docked in Sitka, which was the capital of Alaska from 1867, when the US purchased Alaska from Russia, until 1906 when the capital was moved to Juneau. A pretty little town with a lot of history. Note - in the totem pole picture, everyone was assuming the totem pole stance; Chris found a HUGE slug; and Alaskan Amber is the ale of choice which is golden in color and has just a hint of bitterness. Ha! (I didn't make that up; we read it on a menu).
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Camari said...

Great totem pole stance to everyone! I love everyone's expressions.
I gagged when I saw the size of that slug. Yuck!
Apparently, nothing speaks truer than a t-shirt!